Basketball is a popular sport with a world-wide following. There are five players on each team and each team tries to get the basketball in each other’s net. Basketball is quite adaptable and can be played with just two friends! In fact, it is just fun to shoot the ball through a backyard hoop, and it is great exercise and develops eye-hand coordination.
Things to Learn
- Know each team position and its responsibilities.
- Demonstrate how to dribble and pass to teammates.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the rules and scoring to your parent or leader.
- Play three games and keep score for three games.
- Define the following basketball terms:
- Double dribble
- Full court press
- Pick and roll
- Jump Shot
- Free throw
The KOF club was a wonderful thing for my oldest 3 girls when we lived a very isolated life caring for 3 baby boys! I can still hear my 3rd daughter's little voice in my mind as she would quote scripture she had memorized. Brings tears to my eyes.