Basketball is a popular sport with a world-wide following. There are five players on each team and each team tries to get the basketball in each other’s net. Basketball is quite adaptable and can be played with just two friends! In fact, it is just fun to shoot the ball through a backyard hoop, and it is great exercise and develops eye-hand coordination.
Things to Learn
- Know each team position and its responsibilities.
- Demonstrate how to dribble and pass to teammates.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the rules and scoring to your parent or leader.
- Play three games and keep score for three games.
- Define the following basketball terms:
- Double dribble
- Full court press
- Pick and roll
- Jump Shot
- Free throw
My favorite things of Keepers of the faith is no matter if it is one child or a class of many it is adaptable. So if you need a few extra activity ideas for your child or a organized devotion, and group activities you have something for everyone and for all ages. I use keepers of the home books for girls ranging from 3 to 15. Even with this vast age group we can still do so many actives together and it doesn't matter if there is 4 or 10 girls or more is is all adaptable. We also have great fun with just in our family.