“And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant,” —Matthew 20:27.
Many churches nowadays have bus ministries. Some do not. A bus ministry is a way to encourage others to attend church through being a servant to them. Some people would be willing to take Jesus as their Saviour, but we do not reach out to them. When we help them get to church and ride with them as they share their burdens with us, we can share Jesus with them.
Things to Learn
- Ride the bus for one season (spring, summer, winter, fall)
- Develop a prayer list of the bus riders and pray for them during the season.
- Bring treats along for two of the bus rides.
- Visit the route four times.
- Sweep and clean the bus four times.
- Do another job for the bus captain four times.
We just started a group in our area. I love the bond that the girls are creating as well as with the mothers, as we individually and corporately seek Christ.