Historically, fencing is the art of sword-fighting with fast, light blades most popular during the 17th through 18th centuries. Modern fencing is a fun and fast-paced sport that is demanding both mentally and physically. It not only trains the mind and body to recognize movements and react quickly, but encourages strategic thinking in a form of mental chess against your opponent. It is a rewarding activity and skill for children of any age to learn!
Things to Learn
- Describe the foil, epee, and saber fencing weapons and how they differ.
- Name the parts of a fencing weapon.
- Name three different hilt types for a fencing weapon.
- Demonstrate the proper fencing stance for foil fencing and how to grip a foil.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the rules and scoring to your parent or leader.
- Define the following fencing terms:
- En Garde
What I like most about Keepers: It's such a blessing to have a source for good, wholesome books for our family!!