A gemstone is also called a precious stone and/or a jewel. Precious gemstones are: diamonds, rubies, sapphires, and emeralds. All other stones are called gemstones. Gemstones originate from minerals, and when this mineral is cut and polished, it becomes a gemstone and is mostly used for decorative pieces such as jewelry. There is simply no lack of the wondrous things God has designed for our world! His creativity is endless.
Things to Learn
- What are gemstones?
- How are gemstones formed?
- What types of gemstones form from igneous rocks?
- What types of gemstones form from sedimentary rocks?
- What types of gemstones form from metamorphic rocks?
- Name two types of gemstones that form in the earth’s mantle.
- Name two types of gemstones that form in the earth’s crust.
- Name three gemstones found in the Bible and give references.
My favorite part of KOF is seeing my girls learning skills I only wish my mother had taught me....I wasn't taught anything to prepare me for being a keeper at home and I still have so much to learn. I love to see my girls preparing early.